Creating a content calendar is no easy feat but it’s absolutely necessary to have some way to organize our content in order to syndicate it.
A few weeks ago, we talked about how to create a content calendar but in today’s Hard Facts we’re going to focus on ways to organize your information in order to execute on that calendar you created.
There are a ton of tools and software out there that can make this possible; and nearly all the options I cover today come with in a free version.
Here are the tools I cover in today’s episode:
1) Google Calendar- This is a great tool to utilize when looking to organize ourselves as individuals (not so much with a team). It’s always available right in your email and you can set notifications for events or times. You can also maintain multiple calendars for different areas of content.
2) Google Sheets- This tool is just as convenient as Google Calendar but far more customizable. Sheets is great for organizing all your content in one place. You can utilize rows and columns for different areas of your content organization.
3) WordPress Editorial Calendars- This tool is nice because you can save your past calendars so you know what you’ve accomplished so far. There are lots of plug and play options, making it highly customizable which is great when we need to get granular in our scheduling and organizing.
4) Asana- This is the go-to tool for those who like to check things off their task list. It’s not the most intuitive of platforms but it’s highly customizable.
5) Trello- This particular tool is essentially just a large board of post-its, but it’s great for organizing within your team. You can designate a “post-it” for each member and move tasks within posts.
The only way to know which tool will work best for you is to get into each of these platforms and try them out yourself!
Author: Paul Potratz
Paul Potratz is the COO at Potratz Advertising and is also the producer of Think Tank Tuesday, a weekly video podcast which reaches 165,000 automotive professionals every week. Paul speaks on marketing, sales, social media and lead handling process across the world and works with clients in the United States, Canada and Denmark.