Xtime, the leading cloud-based customer retention management platform for the automotive service industry, said today that Buerkle Hyundai of White Bear Lake, Minn., has experienced significant improvement in service appointment show rates and repair and service sales from using its suite of online tools focused on enhancing customer care and loyalty.
Jim Bonney, service director for Buerkle Hyundai, reports that Xtime’s products have boosted appointments and show rates, currently at an overall high of 92.3 percent, for an average three-month total repair order (RO) value of $261,481.
“Xtime really works for us because customers can go online 24/7 or use the call center to book whenever it’s convenient for them. By streamlining as many appointment opportunities as possible through Xtime, we have more time to focus on the customers in front of us,” Bonney said.
Buerkle Hyundai employs Xtime’s ServiceCRM® platform for online and dealership scheduling and online service menus. Integrated into this platform are Xtime’s shop management, service marketing, DMS integration and management reporting tools. Also integrated is Xtime’s mobile advisor tool, ServiceTab™.
“Because I have full control of the schedule and can set parameters to block out certain hours, workflow is improved and evened out throughout the day so every customer can receive the attention they expect,” Bonney said.
Leading-Edge Service Technologies
Buerkle Hyundai averages 235 repair orders a week, of which 82 percent are customer-pay. To create a more professional welcome to customers in the service drive, Bonney equipped advisors with Xtime ServiceTab, a tablet-based customer service solution. ServiceTab lets his service advisors meet customers on the service drive fully prepared to speed the check-in process yet deliver a more thorough check-in.
“We really like ServiceTab, as it makes advisors go through the proper walkaround and write-up routines,” Bonney says, “and customers realize we’re invested in technologies that keep us on top. Plus, as it captures customer signatures digitally, it helps us with warranty claims because this important record is always with the RO.”
Bonney said ServiceTab helps Buerkle Hyundai advisors:
- Check-in customers at their vehicles in less than five minutes
- Quickly capture new and updated customer information
- Review inspection findings with customers via digital inspection forms and video image capture
ServiceTab helps advisors become trusted consultants to customers, as this technology enables them to discuss service recommendations at the customer’s vehicle. ServiceTab empowers advisors to:
- Generate bookable service recommendations directly from walkaround inspections
- Present VIN-specific ‘factory’ and ‘dealer premium’ service recommendations and pricing
- Show trim-level comparison of Good/Better/Best service options
- Track customers’ deferred services for next visit presentation
Buerkle Hyundai’s Use of Xtime
- Simplify appointment scheduling: Customers self-book appointments online or through Buerkle Hyundai’s call center. The online service menu encourages customers to select not only services right for their make, model and mileage, but also upsell options. Controlling this process gives Bonney greater control over workflow through the shop. Advisors not spending time answering phones are better able to focus on customers and work in progress.
- Improve customer experience: Xtime’s ServiceTab advisor’s tablet helps advisors deliver a more personable, knowledgeable and professional vehicle walkaround and write-up. Digital signature capture gets customers on their way faster and ensures availability so completed RO can be closed.
- Drive greater efficiencies: Management reports present key data as Health Check Cards. Reports help service directors identify opportunities and further improve how service satisfaction is delivered to customers.
Dealers can experience the Xtime customer retention platform at NADA Convention & Expo in January 2014, Booth 6735.
Xtime is the leading cloud-based customer retention platform for automotive manufacturers and dealer service departments. Xtime counts more than 5,000 dealerships as customers and has registered more than 2 million consumers. Xtime processes more than 1.5 million appointments each month and has scheduled more than 50 million in total. Xtime also is the exclusive or preferred provider for leading global automotive manufacturers in North America, including Hyundai, VW, Nissan, BMW, Lexus, Kia, Infiniti, Toyota Canada and Audi. Xtime is also the trusted choice for many of the industry’s leading dealership groups including AutoNation, Group 1 Automotive, Sonic Automotive, Asbury, Luther and Checkered Flag.
Xtime is based in Redwood Shores, Calif., and has offices around the world. Learn more at xtime.com.