Highlights from this month’s Guidelines, NADA Used Car Guide’s monthly market update, include:
NADA Official Used Car Guide Update:
• Used Vehicle Prices Soften
- Wholesale prices drop by 1.3% in May; compact/mid-size cars, mid-size van prices fall hardest.
- Used Car Guide values fall another 1.6% in June’s edition; July depreciation predicted to be more severe.
• New Vehicle Sales Slow to a 13.7M SAAR in May
- Incentive spending up 10.5% to $2,542 ; days’ supply down 3 to 53.
• Q1 Rental Penetration Trends
- Chrysler brand rate grows 8 points; Chevy and Nissan also up. Ford’s rate drops.
ATD/NADA Official Commercial Truck Guide Update:
• New Class 8 Retail Sleeper Prices Remain High
- Pricing is higher than 2011 in every mileage range.
• Medium Duty Cabovers reverse decline to regain parity with early 2011
• Medium Duty Conventionals trending higher despite higher average mileage
• NADA is now selling commercial vehicle raw auction data – see Guidelines for details