Mansfield, MA – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS) heads into the new year looking forward to continued sales growth in the region following record accomplishments in 2012, including a 16.9 percent increase in sales year-over year, the region’s highest ever by percentage for that time period.
The Boston region, which includes 72 dealerships in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island, reported total sales of 86,672 units, with strong performance across Toyota’s entire product lineup, including:
- All-time record sales of the Prius family of vehicles, which increased by 46.2 percent over 2011 to 10,209 units, bolstered by the launch of the all-new Prius v, Prius c and Prius Plug-in.
- Camry sales of 16,463 units, up 24.9 percent year-over-year.
- Corolla sales of 13,099 units, an increase of 13.8 percent year-over-year.
- RAV4 sales of 13,578 units, 17 percent higher than 2011, and the second-best year ever for the model.
- Venza sales of 3,338 units, up 67.6 percent year-over-year, and the highest sales increase by percentage for the vehicle in the nation.
- Highlander sales of 6,378 units, the highest since 2007.
- Higher sales of both the Tacoma mid-size pickup truck and Tundra full-size pickup, which increased by 6.7 percent and 13.3 percent, respectively.
Overall, Toyota Division light trucks recorded their third-best year ever at 42,833 units, while passenger car sales totaled 43,839 units.
In addition, Toyota’s Scion brand posted its best year in four years with sales up 30 percent from 2011.
“We’re grateful to our customers for their continued loyalty and support,” said Cooper Ericksen , general manager of Toyota’s Boston Region. “With nine new or updated models on the way in 2013, including the all-new RAV4 and Avalon, we’re confident 2013 will be another strong year for Toyota.”
All-New 2013 RAV4 and Avalon to be displayed at New England International Auto Show
Toyota will kick off the 2013 New England International Auto Show (NEIAS) on January 17 with a press conference at 9:30 am at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center to unveil the all-new fourth generation RAV4 for the region. This year’s show will be the largest display Toyota has ever had at NEIAS to-date, with 43 vehicles total.
The 2013 RAV4 features bold and dynamic styling with improved aerodynamics, and a spacious, upgraded interior. The vehicle also features new technology and safety features along with the versatility and functionality consumers demand.
Also on display, and available for test drives, will be Toyota’s all-new flagship sedan, the 2013 Toyota Avalon, which combines more emotional styling, improved dynamic performance and much greater capability. Designed, engineered and built in the U.S., the Avalon is the first generation to be offered with a Hybrid Synergy Drive System that can deliver an EPA-rated 40-mpg combined city/highway driving.
Test drives of the new Avalon, along with the 2013 model year Camry, Prius Plug-in, Highlander, Venza and Tundra will be open to NEIAS attendees from Thursday, January 17 through Monday, January 21.
All participants will receive a complimentary gift for participating while supplies last.
Scion will also offer a Ride & Drive, featuring the 2013 model year FR-S, iQ, xB, tC Coupe and xD Hatchback.
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Established in 1957, TMS markets products and services through a network of nearly 1,500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers which sold more than two million vehicles in 2012. Toyota directly employs nearly 30,000 people in the U.S. and its investment here is currently valued at more than $18 billion.
For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyota.com or www.toyotanewsroom.com.