The Digital Dealer Virtual Exposition, dedicated to using the Internet and technology to sell and service more vehicles more profitably, was presented completely online.
The event ran live December 5 – 11, 2012 with an archive period extended to January 11, 2013.
The new format offered an entirely new way for leading technology providers to connect with an international audience of dealers and managers.
Here are a few key stats that summarize the groundbreaking event:
- Over 75 technology focused exhibitors showcased the latest products, services and applications via live chat, video, and PDF marketing material
- 377 unique Dealership Personnel visited the virtual environment 1,089 separate times
- 77% of the dealership audience had never attended a Digital Dealer Conference & Exposition before
- 102 unique Non-Dealership attendees visited the virtual environment
- Over 1,000 chat discussions occurred during the live period December 5 – 11
- 1,118 product and informational PDF brochures were downloaded
- Videos presented in virtual exhibits were viewed 636 times
- The top eleven sessions from the 13th Digital Dealer were viewed 860 times on-demand
- Each virtual exhibit received an average of 74 in-booth impressions (counted as a unique attendee completely ‘entering’ a virtual exhibit)
Considering the amount invested in digital solutions on an annual basis by each attending dealership (as captured in the registration process) it is estimated over $27 million in buying power attended the Digital Dealer Virtual Exposition.
“The numbers of attending dealers and managers, and the amount of attendee time spent in the virtual environment speaks to the potential of this concept” stated Michael Roscoe, CEO of Dealer Communications. “Over the period of the event, there was a high level of interaction and a powerful exchange of business information.”
Attendees complimented the excellent material presented in the virtual environment, and the opportunity to learn the latest skills, strategies and best digital marketing practices without leaving their dealerships. “This year my schedule prevented me from attending the Digital Dealer Conference in person” stated a Virtual Exposition attendee from Patchett’s Ford, CA. “With the information offered online, I didn’t have to miss out on everything.”
In a post-event survey the following percentages of attendees strongly agreed, or agreed with:
- 77.3% noted that they were able to learn more about product categories of interest
- 80.9% learned actionable strategies on subjects relevant to improve their businesses
- 40% stated they are more likely to purchase a solution that they learned about in the Digital Dealer Virtual Exposition
- 80% shared they are more likely to attend a Digital Dealer Conference & Exposition in the future based on their experience at the Digital Dealer Virtual Exposition
Top eleven sessions from the 13th Digital Dealer viewing results:
|Presentation Title:||Presenter By:||Unique Views|
|Dealership Facebook Marketing 2013||Kathi Kruse||135|
|Mastering the Art and Science of Website Conversion||Amir Amirrezvani||134|
|Fine-tuning your Online Marketing||Peter Leto||131|
|The Fundamentals of Online Automotive Marketing||Tori Morandi||103|
|How to Hook Shoppers Online, and Buyers on the Lot||Jacob Solotaroff||82|
|The Digital Crisis that is Slowly Killing your Dealership||Kevin Frye||79|
|New Trends in Search and Social Marketing||Paul Potratz||60|
|Advanced SEO for Dealers||Ali Amirrezvani||51|
|SEM: $300,000 Difference Per Year to the Bottom Line||Michael Groves||40|
|Parts e-Commerce – A Dealer Guide||Ted Fellowes||24|
|Blending Science and Strategy to Maximize Used Vehicle ROI||Dale Pollak||21|
Seven lucky attendees of the Digital Dealer Virtual Exposition won a free registration to the 14th Digital Dealer Conference & Exposition. The industry’s premier automotive digital strategy returns to the Rosen Shingle Creek May 7-9, 2013, registration opens on January 18th!