To learn how to sell more new and pre-owned vehicles more profitably it is always beneficial to learn best practices and techniques that have worked at other dealerships. With more knowledge on how customers approach the buying process, you can better influence their decisions. To effectively sell pre-owned vehicles it is important to tell each vehicle’s unique ‘story’ through a variety of marketing platforms. By examining how other dealerships have approached sales opportunities, you can too can utilize proven in-store processes that maximize sales and profit potential.
Larry Bruce is a thought leader in car sales with 20-plus years of retail automotive and technology experience including his current position as Partner of MotorTrends Online and President/CEO, MicrositesByU.
Bruce demonstrates the findings from an in-depth nine month study to over 3,000 in-market customers, and some of the findings may surprise you. The study suggests that sometimes the most important factor isn’t what dealerships are doing, but how and why they were doing it.
Bruce will share insights on:
- Why customers get on the Internet to shop for a car and how to align your marketing message to their needs.
- Where customers first learn of the dealerhip(s) they ultimately buy from.
- What customers look for online and what motivates them to give information, visit a showroom and buy.
- How to get more conversions from all your web properties.
- How to get more customers in your showroom and how to close deals when they visit.
Bruce will utilize real world examples directly from dealerships that can help you really understand what goes on in the mind of a customer while they are in the buying process, how they engage social media and online tools, submit lead information and when they decide to visit a showroom and purchase.
John Griffin is an expert in pre-owned sales. As SVP of Performance Management at vAuto Griffin has more than 20 years of executive management experience working with some of the most successful dealer groups in the country.
Griffin will explain how dealers can enhance used vehicle profitability by optimizing their merchandising on classified sites and managing each car’s performance to market-based benchmarks. By examining proven in-store processes, Griffin will show you how to create the right presentation for every car, every time. Griffin also reveals how today’s technology helps dealers ‘right-size’ their online merchandising investments and acquire the ‘right’ vehicles to meet profitability and market penetration goals.
Griffin will provide detailed guidelines on how to:
- Correctly address the four must-meet factors to maximize online merchandising conversions.
- Establish and track online merchandising benchmarks on an inventory and per-vehicle basis.
- Use online merchandising benchmarks to measure sell-through and return on investment (ROI) from classified sites.
- Grade your dealership’s ‘pixel proficiency.’
- Integrate online merchandising performance into used vehicle inventory acquisition decisions.
Bruce and Griffin are just two of the over 100 thought leaders ready to share game changing strategies at the 13th Digital Dealer Conference & Exposition. With years of experience working directly with dealerships across the country, the ideas you will learn are specifically designed to help improve your business.
Bruce will lead the discussion:
And the Internet is not your primary marketing channel
Griffin will present:
Turning Cars into Stars through Online Merchandising
This session will help dealers enhance used vehicle profitability by optimizing their merchandising on classified sites and managing each car’s performance to market-based benchmarks
To learn more about the how attending the 13th Digital Dealer Conference & Exposition can help advance your dealership, including the over 100 sessions / workshops and case studies, Digital Dealer Learning Labs, Digital Dealer Innovation Hours and more than 100 technology and solutions providers visit www.DigitalDealerConference.com