Ted Fellowes, president of FellowesResearch, is sharing his expertise with automotive dealers and managers on parts e-commerce.
The once simple, limited market for dealer parts e-commerce is now a “Wild West” of dissimilar solution types and an explosion of suppliers. Prices vary widely; yet most vendors make similar claims. Adoption and usage of parts e-commerce is climbing fast. Some early-adopter dealers were disappointed – now dealers are cashing in and sales are reported in billions of dollars.
Parts e-commerce is unique. Dealers and managers cannot rely solely on lessons learned in achieving success with marketing vehicles and service via the web to profit in parts e-commerce. Learn how to sell more parts, accessories and merchandise at lower costs. Now is the time to assess or re-assess parts e-commerce for your dealership.
Ted Fellowes will explain the basics as well as the pros and cons of each parts e-commerce type (from dealership websites to automaker applications to the several types of parts e-commerce portals to auction/ad mega-sites to specialty solutions). Ted will also go over the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with parts e-commerce. You will learn the indirect and hidden costs as well as benefits and buyers’ perspectives.
What will you learn and what action items will you take back to the dealership?
1. Learn how to determine which parts e-commerce types fit your dealership – assisted by the Guide presented at our session.
2. Learn how to evaluate the supplier/application options (for parts e-commerce types that fit your dealership) – assisted with the session’s guide.
3. Learn how to calculate ROIs for parts e-commerce programs with tools from the session.
4. Learn how to get the most from parts e-commerce programs by following the “do’s and don’ts” checklists to be provided at the session.
5. Learn how to boost revenues, cut costs and improve parts customer satisfaction by planning and executing a parts e-commerce plan for your dealership.
Ted Fellowes has devoted over 25 years to helping dealerships boost fixed operations ROI (by increasing revenue, efficiency and customer satisfaction). Fellowes has been at the forefront of innovation – and profitability – within dealer parts applications. He has served in senior executive roles with the largest and most respected players in parts e-commerce and electronic parts specification, including Bell & Howell (now, Snap-on) and OEConnection. As a pioneer in B2B parts e-commerce, Fellowes has designed and delivered technology to ensure parts continues to be dealerships’ leading high-margin profit center. As president of FellowesResearch, a market research firm, Fellowes advises on advances in dealer parts solutions.
A 12th Digital Dealer® Conference & Exposition Featured Speaker: Ted Fellowes presents: Parts e-Commerce – The Dealer Guide: An introduction for dealers to parts e-commerce, an explanation of choices available and tools to assess options (including ROI).
We’re building out the agenda, selecting speakers and topics for more than 90 sessions that are laser-focused on all things digital.