Strongsville, OH – PPG Automotive Refinish has announced the 2013 tour schedule of its eye-catching show truck. The custom-painted 75-foot, 2007 Coronado Freightliner tractor-trailer rig—sporting flames, colorful graphics, dazzling effects and wild paint schemes achieved with PPG products—will make 20 appearances in 18 states from March through October. Stops include major car, truck and hot rod shows sponsored by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association, the National Street Rod Association and other car and truck enthusiast groups.
The truck is a self-contained display of exhibits featuring PPG paint products with the truck as the star attraction. Show attendees of all ages are invited to check out the truck’s impressive exterior custom color and design work created by PPG master painter Paul Stoll and a team from California-based Kelly & Son the Crazy Painters, one of the most respected shops in the world of custom painting. This show-stopping truck wears PPG DELFLEET® Evolution F3995 Epoxy Primer, FBC Basecoat, FBC500 Blending Clear and F3921 Clearcoat. Its flashy finish is not only a striking testament to the capabilities of PPG paints, it serves as a vivid inspiration for those creating their own artistic custom designs and finishes.
PPG driver Chad Hook will once again guide the Freightliner to its cross-country appearances with his first stop set for March 8, at the 4th Spring Nationals in Scottsdale, Arizona. The complete schedule follows:
- Scottsdale, AZ | 3/8 – 3/10 | 4th Spring Nationals
- Fort Worth, TX | 3/15 – 3/17 | 3rd Spring Lone Star Nationals
- Del Mar, CA | 4/5 – 4/7 | 13th Del Mar Nationals
- Oklahoma City, OK | 4/12 – 4/14 | 30th Southwest Street Rod Nationals
- Knoxville, TN | 5/3 – 5/5 | 39th Street Rod Nationals South
- Nashville, TN | 5/17 – 5/19 | 8th Nashville Nationals
- York, PA | 5/31 – 6/2 | 40th Street Rod Nationals East
- Loveland, CO | 6/7 – 6/9 | 16th Colorado Nationals
- St. Paul, MN | 6/21 – 6/23 | Back to the 50s
- Vancouver, WA | 6/28 – 6/30 | 1st Northwest Nationals
- Des Moines, IA | 7/5 – 7/7 | 22nd Heartland Nationals
- Columbus, OH | 7/12 – 7/14 | 16th PPG Nationals
- Syracuse, NY | 7/19 – 7/21 | Syracuse Nationals
- Louisville, KY | 8/1 – 8/4 | 44th Street Rod Nationals
- Detroit, MI | 8/17 | Woodward Dream Cruise
- Englishtown, NJ | 9/14 | U.S. Diesel Truckin’ Nationals
- Indianapolis, IN | 9/20 – 9/22 | 3rd Speedway Nationals
- Fort Worth, TX | 10/4 – 10/6 | 21st Lone Star Nationals
- Biloxi, MS | 10/10 – 10/12 | Cruisin’ the Coast
- Charlotte, NC | 10/25 – 10/27 | 20th Southeastern Nationals
To learn more about PPG and the PPG show truck, call (800) 647-6050 or visit www.ppgrefinish.com.