FRANKLIN, Tenn. – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) reported May U.S. sales of 91,794 units versus 76,148 units a year earlier, up 20.5 percent. Nissan Division sales increased 16.4 percent for the month at 81,202 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles were up 65.8 percent over the prior year, to 10,592 units.
- Nissan Division posted 81,202 sales, up 16.4 percent from last May’s 69,759 units.
- Nissan Rogue sales set a new May record with 11,977 units sold, up 72 percent from a year ago.
- Nissan Juke also saw best-ever May sales, with 3,298 units marking a 66.2 percent increase over May 2011.
- Sales of the Nissan Versa rose 80.3 percent from year-ago, to 8,643 deliveries.
- Nissan’s lineup of trucks and SUVs delivered strong gains, with sales increases across the lineup, including: Frontier up 17.2 percent; Titan up 86.7 percent; Pathfinder up 32.6 percent; and Armada up 26 percent.
“Fuel-efficient models like the Versa, Juke and Rogue had a great May, but moderating gas prices drove gains across our entire truck lineup,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “Demand for the Altima remains strong through our sell-down efforts, with sales for the year up more than 20 percent. We look for that momentum to carry into the launch of the all-new 2013 Altima, which goes on sale by the end of June.”
- Infiniti today reported sales of 10,592 units for May, an increase of 65.8 percent from 6,389 units a year earlier.
- The Infiniti G Sedan had sales of 3,758, an increase of 40 percent and the best May since 2008.
- The Infiniti QX full-size luxury SUV had its best May since 2006, with sales of 994, an increase of 27.6 percent.
- The all-new Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover contributed incremental sales of 2,678 units for May, and 5,297 for the year.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. May 2012 had 26 selling days, while May 2011 had 24 selling days.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, and 2012 by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second largest Japanese automotive company by volume, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan and is an integral pillar of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 248,000 employees globally, Nissan provided customers with more than 4.6 million vehicles in 2011. With a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of fuel-efficient and low-emissions vehicles under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero emission mobility, Nissan made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF, the first affordable, mass-market, pure-electric vehicle and winner of numerous international accolades including the prestigious 2011 European Car of the Year award.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to Sustainable Mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.