COSTA MESA, Calif. — NADAguides.com, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information for new and used vehicles, will make the announcement of the recipient of the 2011 NADAguides.com Car of the Year award on Wednesday, November 16 during media days at the Los Angeles International Auto Show.
- The NADAguides.com 2011 Car of the Year recipient will be chosen from among the eleven vehicles selected as Car of the Month throughout the year. Each vehicle demonstrates exceptional performance, fuel efficiency, safety and technological features, options and design appeal.
- NADAguides.com analysts have recognized each of the Car of the Month vehicles as class leaders based upon, quality of engineering, safety ratings, pricing and overall value, consumer market interest on NADAguides.com, as well as nationwide sales trends.
2011 Car of the Year Award Contenders:
- January – 2011 Chevrolet Cruze
- February – 2011 Honda CR-Z
- March – 2011 Ford Explorer
- April – 2011 Hyundai Equus
- May – 2011 Ford Fiesta
- June – 2011 Mini Countryman
- July – 2011 Chrysler 300
- August – 2011 BMW 535i
- September – 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- October – 2012 Volkswagen Passat
- November – 2011 Dodge Durango
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: “Our analysts have thoroughly studied the 2011 Car of the Month winners to choose the stand out vehicle that will capture the Car of the Year designation. Of course all of the vehicles within the contention list are exceptional in their own right, but only one exceeded the expectations of the NADAguides.com analysts and beat out its respective segment in the top categories reviewed. We look forward to recognizing our 2011 Car of the Year recipient during the Los Angeles Auto Show next week.”
- Frank Trivieri, Vice President of Sales Operations, Volkswagen of America: “We’re honored to have the 2012 Volkswagen Passat recognized by the analysts at NADAguides as its October Car of the Month and to be named a contender for Car of the Year. The all new Passat offers German engineering and premium features at an accessible base price, as well as the sole Clean Diesel engine option in the segment. For the car to be regarded so highly by NADAguides acknowledges our efforts to make the Passat the new benchmark in the world of mid-size sedans.”
- Amy Marentic, Group Marketing Manager, Ford Motor Company: “Having already sold over 100,000 Explorer’s this year, the first time since 2007, Explorer continues to be one of the strongest vehicles in the Ford portfolio. We are excited to be a contender for the 2011 NADAguides Car of the Year Award, and further show that we are delivering products people want.”
NADAguides.com (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.