According to the NADA Official Used Car Guide Update for March 2012 new vehicle sales in February grew by 15.8% relative to last year and the month’s SAAR of 15M was the highest figure recorded in four years.
Here are more updates from the March issue of the NADA Official Used Car Guide:
• February’s month-end new vehicle days’ supply decreased to 59 days.
• Overall incentive spending for the month increased by a slight .9% on a sequential basis to reach an industry average of $2,490 per unit.
• AuctionNet wholesale prices increased by 3.2% on a month-over-month basis in February (mileage-and-mix adjusted).
• Values for the majority of vehicles in March’s edition of the Official Used Car Guide remained fixed or were increased.
Please see pg. 8 for NADA’s expectations regarding gasoline price movement for the coming months.
ATD/NADA Official Commercial Truck Guide Update (Click here to access the Commercial Truck full report.) (To view the video update, click here)
• Late-model sleeper tractor pricing sets new record.
• Spread between low and average mileage trucks continues to widen.
• Medium duty segments head upward.
• Price of crude and refined products should not impact new and used truck demand.