NACE | CARS announced the return of the Technology & Telematics Forum (TTF). In its second year, TTF will provide a deep-dive into the future of shops and an overview of emerging technology for the industry. Sponsored by Auto Alliance and ASA, the 2015 program will feature an enhanced agenda with relevant topics for both CARS and NACE attendees.
The 2015 Technology & Telematics Forum will include five key discussion areas:
- Telematics Update – The latest information from across the industry on OE and aftermarket telematics, as well as connected car activity
- Connected Car Panel Discussion – The panel, moderated by ASA Washington representative Bob Redding, will discuss technical policy related to connected car technology from ETI, SAE and OE representatives
- Driver Assistance Communication and Electronic Stability Control – The functions and service requirements of cameras, GPSs and other driver assistance technologies that are used in current models
- Here Come the Apps: How Aftermarket Software will Help Drive Telematics Innovation – A panel, moderated by ASA Vice President Tony Molla, will discuss how third-party companies plan to leverage connected cars
- Future Technology: Serial Edge Nibble Transmission (SENT) – Bernie Porter, an engineer with Mahle, will discuss the advantages and challenges of SENT, a new unidirectional communications protocol that’s replacing the analog voltage output of automotive sensors
Click below to read the full article: