Auburn Hills, Mich. – Mopar will show off its “Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar” parts for all vehicle makes when automotive aftermarket industry leaders and innovators gather at the 2012 Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX), scheduled for Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 in Las Vegas.
- Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar® program now features 26-plus product lines and more than 3,000 parts numbers
- Pre-scheduled meeting times at AAPEX to discuss the Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar program can be set at www.moparrepairconnection.com/aapex
- 2011 NHRA Funny Car Champion and Mopar Dodge Charger R/T driver Matt Hagan to participate in autograph session at Mopar AAPEX booth (#6230)
“With our Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar program, dealers and repair shops may service not only Chrysler Group vehicles, but also other makes and models that their customers may own,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “With more than 128,000 professionals packing Las Vegas as part of Automotive Aftermarket Industry Week, the Mopar booth at AAPEX is a great venue to expose this influential gathering to the quality parts and exceptional value of our Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar product lines.”
The Mopar-Magneti Marelli partnership, announced in April 2011, gives the Chrysler Group LLC dealership network and its customers the ability to service GM, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, and Kia vehicles with high-quality parts at an exceptional value, creating one-stop service and parts shops for customers.
Since its introduction, the Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar program has grown to encompass 26-plus product lines and more than 3,000 part numbers, including top-selling maintenance products such as filters and brake components. Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar product lines also feature electrical products, exhaust products, window motors and assemblies, wheel bearings and hubs, water pumps and timing belts, remanufactured starters and alternators, chassis components and suspension components.
For more information on the Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar program, visit the Mopar AAPEX booth (#6230). To pre-schedule a meeting at AAPEX with a Mopar/Magneti Marelli representative, visit www.moparrepairconnection.com/aapex.
2011 NHRA Funny Car Champ, Mopar Dodge driver Hagan to appear at Mopar AAPEX booth
Mopar will host a special guest at the brand’s AAPEX booth on Tuesday, Oct. 30, from 11 a.m. to noon — 2011 NHRA Funny Car champion and Mopar HEMI®-powered racer Matt Hagan.
Visitors to the Mopar AAPEX display will have the chance to take part in a meet ‘n’ greet autograph session with the Don Schumacher Racing Mopar Dodge Charger R/T driver. In addition to the Mopar graphics, Hagan carried the Magneti Marelli logo on his Dodge Charger in an associate sponsor capacity during the 2012 season.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.