Auburn Hills, Mich. — Mopar® announced today the launch of a new line of Greasable U-Joints for Jeep® vehicles and Ram trucks. The competitively priced Mopar Greasable U-Joints are the most recent addition to a long line of Authentic Mopar Parts introduced by Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand.
Mopar Greasable U-Joints include the following features:
- Bearing cups are cold-formed and case hardened using state-of-the-art manufacturing processes
- Wheel axle joints have a flush lube fitting in the bearing cup for easy access and increased cross strength.
- Wheel axle joints feature a Microshield coating to protects against rust and corrosion
- A multifaceted performance standard used to ensure consistently high-quality rubber grease seal
- Radial grease grooves formed in the bottom of the bearing cups which ensure even grease distribution to the needles
- Heavy-duty applications contain:
- cross trunnions with enlarged grease reservoirs
- thrust washer design which absorbs axial loads
- radial distribution grooves and an anti-drainback feature to help prevent dry start-up
- O.E. quality and performance needle bearings, snap rings and steel forgings made in the USA
“Mopar Greasable U–Joints are the latest addition to our brand’s ever-growing global portfolio, which now includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories distributed in more than 130 countries,” said Kathy Wideman, Senior Manager, Mopar Repair/Reman Portfolio.
Contact your local Chrysler Group LLC dealer for more information regarding Mopar Greasable U-Joints.
|Mopar-First FeaturesMopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:|
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A.vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
More than 75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for an antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.