Auburn Hills, Mich. — Mopar® announced recently the expansion of its remanufactured starters and alternators in its portfolio of remanufactured parts, the newest additions in a long line of authentically remanufactured electrical products offered by Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand.
Mopar Remanufactured Starters are fortified with new copper battery posts, copper field coils and noise reduction pads, pinions, solenoid switches and overrunning clutches. Mopar Remanufactured Starters are torque and load-tested to original equipment (O.E.) specifications and are sold as complete, replaceable assemblies.
Mopar Remanufactured Alternators feature new bearings, brushes, slip rings and positive/negative heat sinks. All additional parts are cleaned with an environmentally sound, recyclable aqueous cleaning system. Inner parts are tested to ensure they meet O.E.-specifications.
Mopar Reman Starters and Alternators are the latest addition to Mopar’s remanufactured offerings of more than 4,000 remanufactured parts. As with all Mopar Remanufactured products, reman starters and alternators are inspected, tested and upgraded or replaced to ensure parts meet the strictest O.E. engineering standards.
“Mopar Reman Starters and Alternators, like all products in our brand’s reman portfolio, feature the quality, precision and durability of an O.E. part,” said Kathy Wideman, Senior Manager, Mopar Repair / Reman Portfolio. “Mopar Reman Starters and Alternators are just two of many new high-quality, competitively priced reman products that Mopar has brought to market this year.”
Interested parties should contact their local Chrysler Group LLC dealer and ask about the full lineup of Mopar Remanufactured Parts as well as more information regarding Mopar Remanufactured Starters and Alternators.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owners a text when the vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A.vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for an antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.