Franchise of the Year and President’s Awards among honors bestowed
CARMEL, Ind. – Leading franchised used car and finance company J.D. Byrider recognized winners of the company’s annual awards at its November convention in Hollywood, Fla.
The Franchise of the Year winners were chosen in three categories – Single (one location), Mid (two-three locations) and Multiple (more than three locations). The winners were:
- Single: Ward Griffith and Brad Helms, for their location in Glen Burnie, Md.
- Mid: Mark Bedgood, Bill Evans, and Fred Nichols for their locations in Longview and Tyler, Texas. This is their fourth Franchise of the Year award.
- Multiple: Russ Larson, Doug Stewart and Jeff Lee for their locations in Burlington, Cedar Rapids, Davenport and Des Moines, Iowa. This is their seventh-consecutive Franchise of the Year award.
J.D. Byrider also distributed 15 President’s Awards, which are given to individual locations based on store earnings, portfolio quality and customer service ratings. This year’s President’s Award winners are located in:
- Tuscaloosa (2700 Skyland Blvd. E) – Steve and Jeanie Locklear, owners
- Burlington (125 S. Roosevelt Road) – Russ Larson and Doug Stewart, owners
- Cedar Rapids (3837 First Ave. SE) – Russ Larson and Doug Stewart, owners
- Davenport (925 W. Kimberly Road) – Russ Larson and Doug Stewart, owners
- Des Moines (2426 SE 14thSt.) – Russ Larson and Jeff Lee, owners
- Owensboro (1411 W. Fourth St.) – Jeff Anderson, owner
- Glen Burnie (8 Eighth Ave. N.W.) – Ward Griffith and Brad Helms, owners
- Columbia (1905 Range Line St.) – Russ Larson, owner
- Mansfield (1810 W. 4th St.) – Chris McPhie, owner
- Pittsburgh (7200 McKnight Road) – J.D. Byrider company-owned location
- South Carolina
- Columbia (3815 W. Beltline Blvd.) – J.T. Gandolfo, owner
- Roanoke (3141 Peters Creek Rd.) – Gary Duncan, owner
- West Virginia
- South Charleston (3129 MacCorkle Ave. SW) – Bill Rowland, Mark Morris and Jim Park, owners
- Appleton (2301 W. College Ave.) – Russ Darrow, Jr. and Mike Darrow, owners
- Madison (2302 SW. Beltline Hwy.) – Russ Darrow, Jr. and Mike Darrow, owners
About J.D. Byrider
Founded in 1989, J.D. Byrider is the nation’s leading used car sales and finance enterprise. The company was founded to serve customers with special auto financing needs and to ensure that they receive the same quality service in every J.D. Byrider dealership. With nearly 950,000 consumers matched to quality, affordable vehicles and a franchise system servicing a total of approximately $1 billion in retail installment contracts, the company continues its focus on reliability and customer satisfaction. Headquartered near Indianapolis in Carmel, Ind., J.D. Byrider consists of 123 franchised- and 20 company-owned dealerships in 31 states. Visit www.jdbyrider.com to learn more.