PARK RIDGE, N.J. — The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world’s largest general use car rental brand, was voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat’s 2012/13 Car Rental Survey. The Zagat Car Rental Survey was conducted among a national sample of Zagat.com registered users from January 22 to February 12, 2012. In addition to best overall, Hertz, one of 10 U.S. based car rental companies included in the survey, earned top honors in 14 additional categories (see list below), more than any other car rental company included in the survey.
“It is an honor to achieve top marks in 15 categories, including Best Overall Car Rental Company, in Zagat’s car rental survey,” commented Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Zagat is synonymous with top quality, and being recognized as the ‘best’ in a variety of categories by their savvy surveyors, including service and reliability, is a proud accomplishment, and a testament to our intense focus on providing superior customer service and value with our innovative, high-tech, high-touch rental products and services.”
In addition to being voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company, Hertz was voted #1 in the following categories:
- #1 Top Rated Most Popular
- #1 Top Rated – Vehicles
- #1 Top Rated – Reliability
- #1 Top Rated – Service
- Best for Business Travel
- Best for Leisure Travel
- Best Counter Staff
- Best (Self-Service) Kiosk
- Best Loyalty Program
- Best Green Options
- Best Airport Rentals
- Best Car Return Experience
- Best Shuttle Service
- Best Website
Started in 1979, Zagat Survey is the world’s leading provider of consumer survey-based information. With ratings and reviews based on a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat has become the world’s most trusted source to help consumers make informed decisions about restaurants, nightspots, hotels, attractions and other leisure activities. Zagat surveyors are frequent, knowledgeable consumers in each of the categories they rate.
Operating one of the youngest and most diverse fleets in the industry, Hertz is committed to offering its customers the utmost in speed and ease with technological innovations with personalized service. As highlighted in the brand’s new campaign “Traveling at the Speed of Hertz,” new and unique customer enhancements now available to customers include:
- Carfirmation: Hertz’s new mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts — that confirm a Gold customer’s reservation and advises them of their car location.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz’s Gold enrollment and e-Return is the fastest way to get customers in their cars and when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer’s receipt in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz’s ExpressRent Interactive Kiosks let customers rent a car without a reservation and without a line.
- Auto Bliss: Hertz Rent2Buy® is the fast, simple way to buy a quality used vehicle from Hertz. It is a virtual showroom where Hertz has simplified the used car buying experience. By eliminating the middleman and protecting customers from the haggle process, Hertz transfers the savings to customers and offers high-quality, well-equipped used cars at great prices.
About The Hertz Corporation
Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,500 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 119 major airports in Europe. In addition, the Company has sales and marketing centers in 60 countries which promote Hertz business both within and outside such country. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Choice, Hertz #1 Club Gold®, NeverLost® customized, onboard navigation systems, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company’s Adrenaline Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. In 2008, the Company entered the global car sharing market with its service now referred to as Hertz On Demand which rents cars by the hour and/or by the day, at various locations in the U.S., Canada and Europe. Hertz also operates one of the world’s largest equipment rental businesses, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, offering a diverse line of rental equipment, from small tools and supplies to earthmoving equipment, as well as new and used equipment for sale, to customers ranging from major industrial companies to local contractors and consumers, from approximately 315 branches in the United States, Canada, China, France, Spain, Italy and Saudi Arabia, as well as through its international licensees. Hertz also owns Donlen Corporation, based in Northbrook, Illinois, which is a leader in providing fleet leasing and management services.
To make car rental reservations or for more information, customers can call their travel agent, or call Hertz toll-free at 1-800-654-3001. Information and reservations are also available on the web at www.hertz.com.
SOURCE Hertz Corporation