North Hills, CA – Galpin Motors announced today that it concluded 2012 with its best ever sales year in more than 66 years of operation. Across its ten different franchises, the Southern California dealer group recorded sales of more than 22,000 vehicles in 2012, a 14-percent increase over 2011.
Galpin Motors’ largest franchise, Galpin Ford, maintained its position as the number one volume Ford dealer in the world, for a record 23rd year in a row. The North Hills-based Ford dealership secured its position by outselling the next closest Ford franchise by more than 3,000 units. In fact, Galpin’s sales successes were so widespread, it outsold nine entire states, combined.
In addition to its Ford store, a number of other Galpin franchises recorded noteworthy accomplishments. For 2012, Galpin Motors is home to:
- #1 sales volume Ford franchise world-wide
- #1 retail sales volume Jaguar franchise in the U.S.
- #1 sales volume Mazda and Lincoln franchises in the Western U.S.
- #2 sales volume Volkswagen** and Honda franchises in the Western U.S.
- #5 sales volume Volkswagen** franchise in the U.S.
- #4 sales volume Aston Martin franchise in the U.S.
- 100-percent sales growth year-over-year for Galpin Volvo
**Galpin Volkswagen recorded only five months of sales, opening in August 2012.
Beyond new car sales volume alone, Galpin’s pre-owned vehicle, finance and fixed operations departments recorded significant wins as well.
- #1 sales volume for Ford Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles
- #1 retail and lease contract volume through Ford Credit
- #1 retail contract volume through Wells Fargo Auto Finance
- #1 franchise for customer loyalty for Honda in California
“With all our great brands and all our great customers, we’ve been able to achieve a record of success heretofore unmatched in our 66 years of operation!” said Galpin Motors President Bert Boeckmann. “The diverse line-up of vehicles, matched with our outstanding incentives and continued commitment to helping every customer on a personal basis, helped to make 2012 a standout year. This year, we look to the future with renewed vigor and welcome another 66 years of excellence.”
About Galpin Motors
Galpin Motors, home to the world’s largest volume Ford dealership for the 23rd consecutive year, was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley. Galpin is comprised of a family of quality automobile brands that include Ford, Lincoln, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Volkswagen, Volvo, Jaguar, Lotus and Aston Martin. For additional information on Galpin Motors and Galpin Auto Sports, contact Marketing Manager Jeff Skobin at 818-778-2540, firstname.lastname@example.org, visit the dealer at 15505 Roscoe Blvd., North Hills, Calif. 91343, like on Facebook at Facebook.com/GalpinMotors or visit www.galpin.com.