DEARBORN, Mich. – With the right lighting, everything else falls into place. The interior lighting in the all-new Ford Fusion proves that out; it moves beyond simple functionality. Ford researchers realize that a person’s attention span is limited, and lighting can play a key role in providing a driver with critical and noncritical driving-related information without diverting attention.
- Researchers developing interior lighting in the new Ford Fusion took into consideration the critical role lighting plays in relaying information to the driver
- Lighting works with design to create a balance of illumination that reduces eye strain and optimizes driver-vehicle interaction
- Lights on or off, the interior also provides expanded functionality and driver comfort, in a sporty, sexy layout
- There are shades of yellow that stimulate parts of the brain, bringing clear-headed, decisive action
- Green, on the other hand, affects the nervous system, causing us to breathe slowly and deeply, helping the heart to relax by slowing the production of stress hormones
- Red – arguably the most attention-getting of colors – likely will evoke the strongest emotions, be that passion or anger
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.