The recent study of over 4,000 people (conducted by Futurestep), reveals that nearly 50% of studied workers are prepared to quit a job that they are happy with if they feel they are being let down in promises and innovation. The study showed that employers have a small window of 6 months to deliver on innovative ways to engage and develop their people. Innovation in the work place applies to training, work pace, projects, and environment.
The following statistics were discovered:
- One third of employees expect employers to be innovative in the way they retain and engage their staff.
- 72% of employees expect employers to be innovative in the way they develop people.
- 36% think that their current company is innovative in development.
- 79% of employees agree that innovative approaches to engagement and development promote higher job performance.
- 49% of employees would be more likely to take a job advertised in an innovative way.
- 51% of employees feel more positively about companies that use innovative approaches in recruitment.
This study demonstrates the strong impact of innovation, which is currently sparking the innovation of today’s professionals. Also important, is the representation that past, current, and future employees have on company brands; employees share their view of the company with friends and family.
One thing is certain: in today’s competitive employee market, innovation will turn the head of even the happiest employee.
Are you keeping your auto employees happy? KPA offers innovation through online, self-paced HR training. Employees are trained at their own pace about the conditions of their workplace, and have an easily accessible system for any work needs they have. Contact your KPA Client Advocate or reach out to KPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-539-4718 to learn more.