Hudson, Ohio — Hedges & Company, a SEMA-member market research and database marketing firm, has published demographics of enthusiast vehicles as part of their “66 Trends in 66 Days” series, leading up to the opening of the 2012 SEMA Show and AAPEX Show on October 30.
- 2005-2013 Ford Mustang: The typical 5th generation, S197 Mustang owner is a homeowner, has an annual household income of $72,115 and 68% are male.
- 1994-2004 Ford Mustang: 53% of owners of the SN-95/4th generation Mustang own their own home, have an annual household income of $61,741 and 62% are male.
- 2010-2013 Chevrolet Camaro: 22% of 5th generation Camaro owners are 35-44 years old, have an annual household income of $74,203 and 72% are male.
- 2008-2013 Dodge Challenger: A third of these 3rd-generation Challenger owners have an estimated credit risk score of 730 or higher, have an average household income of $73,993 and 78% are male.
- 2007-2013 Chevrolet Silverado: These GMT900-generation full-size truck owners have an average household income of $63,703 and 85% are male. Owners of the GMC Sierra, the sister truck to the Silverado, are similar with a household income of $65,708 and 87% are male.
- 2009-2013 Ford F-150: Owners of the current generation Ford full-size pickup have an average household income of $71,862 and 86% are male.
- 2005-2013 Corvette: the average owner of a C6 Corvette has an annual household income of $87,576 and 86% are male.