Lake Success, N.Y., January 22, 2015 – Dealertrack (Nasdaq: TRAK) will demonstrate the power and synchronicity of its set of in-store mobile applications for automotive retailing at the 2015 National Automotive Dealers Association (NADA 2015) Convention & Exposition, January 23-25, in San Francisco.
Today’s car shoppers are using mobile devices more than ever in their shopping experience, and are expecting the same level of mobile efficiency to continue inside the dealership. Dealertrack’s latest mobile applications are designed to help automotive dealers plug into the shoppers’ online journey, creating fluidity, consistency and efficiency throughout the entire process, from research to purchase.
Taking center stage in the Dealertrack booth, visitors will be able to get hands-on demos of mobile applications for sales, F&I, inventory management, and parts and service. Syn:Apps will demonstrate how consumers’ online shopping and research progress can be integrated into the dealership experience through the use of mobile devices, allowing the consumer to maintain the same level of efficiency and information detail they’ve experienced online.
“Among all of the traffic we see across the more than 11,000 websites we manage at Dealertrack, mobile traffic is by far the fastest growing segment – up 42 percent in 2014 from the previous year,” said Kelly Mulroney, vice president, Product Strategy and Management, Dealertrack. “The level of engagement on mobile and tablets is increasing exponentially for vehicle shoppers. This change in shopper engagement means two things for dealerships: shoppers don’t want to start the process from scratch when they enter the dealership; and they want to engage in a retail shopping experience that leverages digital tools to engage and inform them as they make important decisions about their vehicle purchase.”
The applications featured in the Syn:Apps demos include:
- Inventory+: accurate appraisal and pricing for trade-ins; inter-dealership vehicle trading to aid vehicle sourcing; and vehicle content management
- Digital Retailing App: enables dealers to access leads from vehicle interest to desired payment options; then present appropriate vehicles to the shopper while offering accurate payments that are delivered through the integrated financing and credit application network
- Menu Presentation: Dealertrack eMenu for iPad puts shopping for insurance and aftermarket products in the hands of vehicle buyers, and provides F&I managers a way to present menus and capture opt-in/opt-out digitally
- Mobile Contract Review and Signing: offers F&I departments a mobile document review and signing solution for their contract packages, simplifying the process of managing and storing paper contracts
- Service Pro Apps: includes two apps – Service Check-in and Mobile Mechanic – to help streamline the workflow across service and parts departments. The customer check-in, vehicle service walk round, repair order, and technician repair updates are all done via tablet, eliminating long lines at the service desk and allowing for instant updates on vehicle status.
“Whether it’s researching a car while driving past a dealership or exploring payment options on a tablet with a dealer, consumers are drawn to the transparency and efficiency that mobile devices offer,” continued Mulroney. “We are excited to show dealers the new features and capabilities of the ‘mobile showroom’ and demonstrate how they can grow their dealership with the help of our Syn:Apps.”
Dealertrack will be at NADA 2015 in booth #2219S. To make an appointment, please visit us online.
About Dealertrack Technologies (www.dealertrack.com)
Dealertrack Technologies’ intuitive and high-value web-based software solutions and services enhance efficiency and profitability for all major segments of the automotive retail industry, including dealers, lenders, OEMs, third-party retailers, agents and aftermarket providers. In addition to the industry’s largest online credit application network, connecting more than 20,000 dealers with more than 1,500 lenders, Dealertrack Technologies delivers the industry’s most comprehensive solution set for automotive retailers, including Dealer Management System (DMS), Inventory, Sales and F&I, Digital Marketing and Registration and Titling solutions.
Safe Harbor for Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
Statements in this press release regarding the benefits of the Dealertrack solutions, and all other statements in this release other than the recitation of historical facts are forward-looking statements (as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). These statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results, performance or achievements of Dealertrack Technologies to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such a difference include the performance and acceptance of the Dealertrack, Dealer.com and their solutions, and other risks listed in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ending December 31, 2013 and our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. These filings can be found on Dealertrack Technologies’ website at www.dealertrack.com and the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. Forward-looking statements included herein speak only as of the date hereof and Dealertrack Technologies disclaims any obligation to revise or update such statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events or circumstances.