Complete Kits Available Free of Charge for Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, Fiat and SRT Vehicles
- More than 50 million Hispanics in U.S.
- Free kits available at Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Fiat dealerships
- Vehicle information will be available electronically in both English and Spanish on brand websites by end of year
- Company continues to enhance customer care with extended weekday and weekend hours
Auburn Hills, Mich. – Chrysler Group LLC, the first automaker to eliminate the conventional owner manuals from its vehicles and offer industry-first vehicle-information apps, will now be the first in the industry to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish for the U.S. market.
“The Hispanic population accounts for more than 50 million people in the U.S.,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “We want to establish clear communication with our customers in their preferred language and enhance their overall experience with our vehicles, dealers and brands.”
New Spanish vehicle guides contain the same information as the English guides that are available for each vehicle. The complete kit includes a variety of items including a brief user guide, tire warranty information, change-of-address cards, and a complete DVD with the owner manual, warranty information and video demonstrations.
Mopar Steps on Gas for Customer Care
Chrysler Group continues to enhance its customer-care services. Earlier this year, the company announced industry-first Sunday hours while also expanding weekday hours for its brand-specific customer-care telephone lines. All of the company’s customer call centers are based in North America.
In addition to expanded customer-care telephone service, Chrysler Group has also encouraged its dealership network to offer customers the convenience of Saturday service hours and Mopar Express Lane service for quick maintenance needs.
“We will continue to look for opportunities to connect with and support our customers,” said Gorlier. “And we will continue to fully support our brands and our vehicles in the marketplace.”
In addition to extended hours and express-lane service, Chrysler Group LLC also recently introduced Owner Connect, a website where owners may access their vehicle information at any time with any web-enabled device. Owner Connect also includes maintenance and service records.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpAvehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.