Auburn Hills, Mich. – After opening Mopar facilities in Argentina, Brazil, China and the United Arab Emirates, Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat SpA announced the opening of Mopar parts distribution centers in Australia, Japan and Russia.
- 10,000 sq.-meter facility in Australia
- 11,000 sq.-meter facility in Japan
- 4,500 sq.-meter facility in Russia
- Nearly 80,000 parts
- Operations support Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat SpA brands
“We are expanding our operations in order to fully support our customers and dealers in growing markets around the world,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “We will continue to look for opportunities to satisfy our customers and support our dealer network.”
The parts distribution center in Australia is located in Port Melbourne, Victoria. The 10,000 sq.-meter facility will distribute more than 18,600 part numbers to nearly 75 dealer locations. The 11,000 sq.-meter warehouse in Japan is located in Yokohama, and will move more than 41,000 parts to support 145 outlets. In Moscow, a 4,500 sq.-meter facility will distribute more than 20,000 parts to nearly 140 dealers.
With more than 500,000 parts, Mopar has more than 50 distribution centers worldwide. Earlier this year, Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat SpA opened a 3,000 sq.-meter facility in Argentina and a 4,500 sq.-meter parts distribution center in Brazil. Last year, both companies opened a 16,000 sq.-meter Mopar warehouse in Shanghai and an 18,000-sq.meter facility in Dubai.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.