RICHMOND, Va. – CarMax, Inc., the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, officially opened its first auto superstore in Denver, Colo. today, located at 2600 West 104th Avenue in Federal Heights. The store is more than 27,000 square-feet, employs more than 65 associates and stocks about 300 used vehicles of nearly every make and model.
“We continue to grow and expand into new markets, with the opening of our first store in the Denver area,” said Tom Folliard, president and CEO of CarMax. “Our 104th Avenue store combines new technology and design with our unique brand of superior customer service featuring wireless technology, videos and digital displays, and tablets. We are excited to bring our unique car buying experience to Denver area residents.”
More than 200 local dignitaries and CarMax associates attended a grand opening event at the Federal Heights location today. The event included a “Road Rally” for charity featuring local television personalities competing in contests, which included parallel-parking and pack-the-trunk events. CarMax donated $1,000 to each participant’s charity, and the winner’s charity received an additional $1,000.
The CarMax Road Rally participants included KDVR-TV traffic reporter Ken Clark, KUSA-TV traffic reporter Amelia Earhart, KCNC-TV traffic reporter Joel Hillan, and KWGN-TV traffic reporter Jackie Jing. Organizations that received the donations were the Salvation Army Intermountain Division, 9 News Lights the Lights, The Action Center.
CarMax opened its first store in Richmond, Va. more than 19 years ago after the company surveyed thousands of consumers to find out what they liked and disliked about car shopping. CarMax was designed according to the survey responses, giving consumers what they asked for:
- No hassles, no haggling on all four parts of the car purchase:
- The price of the vehicle, which is posted clearly on the car and on carmax.com
- Extended service plan, consumers can choose the plan that’s right for them
- Financing, with all options displayed on a computer for the consumer to review
- The “trade-in,” a written offer good for seven days whether or not the customer buys a car from CarMax
- Hundreds of vehicles on every lot (generally 250 to 450 per store)
- Nearly every make and model (both domestic and import used vehicles)
- Used vehicles that are generally one to six years old with less than 60,000 miles
- More than 25,000 vehicles online at carmax.com
- Transfer most used cars to the store nearest you
Commitment to Quality
- CarMax Quality Certified means selecting the best cars to renew and protect by:
- Careful evaluation – only 1 in 3 cars becomes a CarMax car
- Investing time and money so you don’t have to – every CarMax used car undergoes a rigorous 125+ point inspection
- Providing a 30-Day Limited Warranty and 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- A kids play area
- CarMax will buy any car, whether or not the seller purchases a CarMax vehicle
Denver, Colo. area residents can also preview CarMax vehicles by logging onto www.carmax.com. The website features actual prices and photos of thousands of CarMax vehicles available nationwide. Prospective car buyers can have a vehicle transferred from any CarMax location to the 104th Avenue store for a fee. Local transfers are free.
CarMax is sharing photos and videos from today’s event on the company Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CarMax and through Twitter @CarMax.
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and one of the FORTUNE2012 “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars. Headquartered in Richmond, Va., CarMax currently operates 116 used car superstores in 58 markets. The CarMax consumer offer is structured around four customer benefits: low, no-haggle prices; a broad selection; high quality vehicles; and customer-friendly service. During the twelve months ended February 29, 2012, the company retailed 408,080 used cars and sold 316,649 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.