Cyber Monday is known as the day for getting deals on everything from toys to electronics. But what about cars? Jumpstart Automotive Media presented an online survey to approximately 2,500 Americans across the U.S. to gauge their appetite in car shopping during Cyber Monday, and to determine the best digital media channels to reach both men and women. Here are a few highlights:
1) Which items do you plan to shop for during Cyber Monday?
– Home goods (20.3%)
– Jewelry (19.5%)
– Electronics / Tech (16.1%)
– Toys (16.1%)
– Clothing (14.4%)
– Autos (13.6%)
*22% of men said autos vs. 9.1% of women
2) While 40% polled said their perception is that there are no “special deals” on autos during Cyber Monday, 26% said they thought car shopping on this day was a great idea
– 47% of men said they would be enticed by a deal of at least $1K off sticker price, and 33% by at least $1.5K off
– Women said they would be enticed by even smaller deals with 35% saying they would be enticed by at least $500 off sticker and 25% with at least $1K off sticker price
** We found it especially interesting that both men and women responded that they were interested in giving a gift towards a new car purchase, either through a gift card or a contribution to a down payment
3) Most men said they would research financing options (27.8%) or trade valuations (19.4%), while most women (42.2%) said they would look at Vehicle Details Pages or vehicle prices only (20%)
4) Men (33%) and women (35%) both said they would be most interested in shopping for SUVs/CUVs during Cyber Monday
– Second-most for women (19%) was entry-level or small car
– Second-most for men (19%) was luxury car
Regarding the now-completed Presidential election:
– 55% of those polled said they were either unchanged or somewhat more confident in their feelings about buying a vehicle following the election
Jumpstart Automotive Media, a division of Hearst Autos, offers high-impact and performance-driven marketing and advertising solutions that achieve optimum results. An industry thought-leader known for its in-depth shopping reports, Jumpstart connects automotive marketers with the largest, high-performing audience of car shoppers and enthusiasts through partnerships with: Car and Driver, U.S. News Best Cars, J.D. Power Cars, NADAguides, Autoweek.com, Autobytel, Autolist, Daily News Autos, LeftLane, CarSoup, and CarBuzz.
Author: Digital Dealer
Digital Dealer exists to help dealers and their managers sell more vehicles more profitably by creating the best live events and media in the industry.