Canon’s IDEAS – Intelligent Dealer Electronic Archive System – is now available to North American Volvo dealers. This system uses Canon’s Scanless Automatic Filing Engine (SAFE™) technology to significantly reduce and even eliminate the need for any manual processing of service and warranty related documents. IDEAS is the ideal solution to facilitate paperless document processing for auto dealership service departments, the largest producer of paperwork in the dealership.
With IDEAS, Canon Solutions America helps optimize dealership operations by utilizing the latest imaging technology to automatically capture critical warranty information and vehicle diagnostic data for archiving. Unique to IDEAS, the automatic capture of critical diagnostic and warranty documents helps lead to reduced operating costs, improved efficiency, increased productivity, and profitability.
Canon’s IDEAS is an approved Electronic Archiving System (EAS) and is compatible with most popular Dealer Management Systems. It is therefore a perfect fit for dealer and auto groups that have a mix of different business processing systems.
Dealers say IDEAS saves them money five ways:
- Reduces OEM warranty chargeback costs: Using IDEAS, some dealers have reduced warranty chargeback costs to less than 1 percent – a huge reduction.
- Improves productivity: Fewer paper documents being handled by technicians can save 30 to 50 minutes a day, improving tech productivity and service bay utilization.
- Reduces processing: Document printing, scanning, copying and handling are significantly reduced and in some cases eliminated, saving time and money to otherwise print and file paper documents.
- Improves security and compliance: Keeps sensitive customer financial information away from prying eyes. IDEAS helps auto dealerships comply with consumer protection laws.
- Reduces costs: IDEAS frees up staff once needed to file and search for misfiled or missing documents and frees up paper document storage space and budget for revenue-generating uses.
- Reduces or eliminates document destruction costs.
By helping dealers transform their operations into a paperless environment, Canon’s IDEAS helps them meet regulatory and manufacturer requirements, confidently knowing that most critical documents associated with any VIN or Repair Order are automatically captured and then retrievable on demand.
For more information, download How Auto Dealers Manage and Mitigate Security and Compliance Risks Using Paperless Workflow Technology. Alternatively, visit paperlessIDEAS.net or call 877-720-7380.
About Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Combining the strengths of the former Canon Business Solutions, Inc. and Océ North America, Inc., Canon Solutions America provides industry leading enterprise services, advanced production print technology and large format solutions supported by exceptional professional service offerings. Canon Solutions America helps companies of all sizes to improve their business by increasing efficiency, controlling costs and becoming more environmentally conscious. A wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A, Inc. Canon Solutions America is headquartered in Melville, NY and has nearly 7,000 employees in over 130 offices across the country. For more information on Canon Solutions America, please visit www.csa.canon.com.