Milwaukee, WI – Owners of many of Nissan’s most popular cars and trucks can now take advantage of the added security and convenience offered through STRATTEC(r) Security Corporation’s BOLT(r) product line. A variety of BOLT locks are now available for such Nissan models as the Titan, Frontier, Pathfinder and X-Terra, among others.
BOLT locks feature Breakthrough One-Key Lock Technology, which permanently programs the lock to a vehicle’s ignition key. When owners insert their ignition key into the BOLT Lock cylinder, spring-loaded plate tumblers move up and down to uniquely code the cylinder to that specific key.
“Expanding our BOLT product line to include a number of Nissan models was a natural extension of the brand,” said Sales Manager Erika Garcia. “Now, with just an ignition key, Nissan drivers can enjoy added security and convenience across a range of applications that require locks, such as recreational or work equipment, trailers, garages, storage sheds, gates and many other uses.”
BOLT’s patented technology is designed to deter theft as well as reduce the key clutter that tends to build up over time. What’s more, numerous locks can be used with one ignition key, making it convenient for Nissan owners with several types of security needs.
The BOLT product line for Nissan includes the Padlock 2.0, Toolbox Latch Retrofit Kit, Cable Lock, Trailer Spare Tire Lock, Lock Cylinder and the 5/8-inch and 1/2-inch Receiver Lock.
- BOLT Cable Locks are made from six-foot by 1/4-inch coiled cable and feature an automotive-grade lock shutter to keep out weather and debris as well as a six-plate tumbler sidebar that prevents picking and bumping.
- BOLT Padlock 2.0 features a spring-loaded, chrome-plated 5/16″ diameter hardened steel shackle inside a crush-resistant body shell.
- BOLT Receiver Locks feature a durable, stainless steel pin and an automotive-grade stainless steel lock shutter, with an auto-return spring that automatically locks when the key is removed.
- BOLT Trailer Spare Tire Locks, which are manufactured with an electroless nickel-plated carbon steel pin or shaft assembly/shield for strength and durability, feature an automotive-grade stainless steel lock shutter and a six-plate tumbler sidebar that prevents picking and bumping.
- BOLT Toolbox Latch Retrofit Kits feature a solid zinc core and an automotive-grade cylinder with patented six- plate-tumbler sidebar to prevent picking and bumping. A stainless steel lock shutter keeps out dirt and moisture.
BOLT Locks for Nissan are year/make/model specific. For more information, visit www.boltlock.com.
STRATTEC Security Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of automotive locks, keys and related access control products, and is the primary lock supplier to Ford, GM and Chrysler. STRATTEC’s history in the automotive business spans 100 years. For more information, write to 3333 West Good Hope Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53209; call 414.247.3333; or visit www.boltlock.com.