Chapter 2: What to Know Before You Go
So you’re all signed up to go to NADA100 and you’re counting down to January 26? (If you missed that whole registration thing, go HERE!) You’re probably already starting to line out your game plan and strategize, which is good, because for this conference—the beast of all automotive conferences—you definitely need to have a plan. And we’re here to help.
Let’s get to it. Here’s what you need to know before you go:
- The conference runs from January 26-29 in New Orleans and has a jam-packed schedule of keynote speakers and presentations, as well as hundreds of booths on the expo floor. Keynote speakers include Jeff Carlson, 2016 NADA Chairman; Jim Gaffigan, Comedian; Mark N. Scarpelli, incoming NADA Chairman; and Amy Purdy, World-Class Adaptive Snowboarder.
- Workshop schedules are available online, so check them out early and decide on your must-see presenters. Remember, rooms fill up quickly, and time can get away from you as you connect throughout the day. Check out the schedule and pack your days with valuable information from industry leaders!
- Be sure to catch one of my presentations! As AutoAlert’s Executive Director of Digital & Social Engagement, I help dealerships perfect their online social strategies. I’ll be presenting Learning to Love Complaints: Turning Feedback Into Success on all three convention days:
Thursday, January 26 at 1:00 p.m. in Room 350
Friday, January 27 at 10:30 a.m. in Room 265
Saturday January 28 at 10:30 a.m. in Room 333
Most dealerships know they get online feedback—and even a few complaints—but many don’t know how to turn those complaints into something positive. Learn how in these sessions!
- Get ready to network. Your feet will be tired (bring really good shoes!), your voice might fade, but you’ll leave with a thousand new ideas and enough inspiration to keep you running for months. Check into the many networking events that will be going on throughout the convention, get your fill of workshops, and connect with as many new faces as possible while you’re there.
- And remember, when the day is over…the day’s not over. Don’t forget about the nightlife! Check out AutoBash sponsored by AutoAlert CEO Mike Dullea and Dealer-FX CEO Gary Kalk. Guests will enjoy a special performance by the Spin Doctors, as well as top-shelf drinks, mixing, and mingling at Republic Nola, located in the historic warehouse district of New Orleans. Pick up your exclusive pass at AutoAlert Booth 1455 on the convention floor!
NADA100 is right around the corner, and it’s almost time to laissez les bon temps rouler…or as they say everywhere else, “Let the good times roll.” It’s time to get ready for a convention to remember.
Author: Joey Little
Joey Little serves as Director of Digital and Social Engagement for AutoAlert. An expert in customer experience management, he educates automotive professionals at speaking engagements across the country. With results-driven advice and proven industry knowledge, he assists dealerships in reaching their audiences and increasing business via their social platforms.