FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — AutoNation, Inc., America’s largest automotive retailer, announced that its retail new vehicle unit sales in September 2011, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, totaled 18,670, an increase of 3% as compared to September 2010. Retail new vehicle unit sales in September 2011 for AutoNation’s operating segments were as follows:
- 6,257 for Domestic, up 17% versus September 2010,
- 8,778 for Import, down 8% versus September 2010, and
- 3,635 for Premium Luxury, up 16% versus September 2010.
AutoNation’s third quarter 2011 retail new vehicle unit sales decreased 1% versus the third quarter of 2010 as the Japanese earthquake affected availability of vehicles produced by Japanese manufacturers.
Here are the main highlights from AutoNation’s September 2011 auto sales results:
- September 2011 retail new vehicle unit sales increased 3% versus September 2010
- Year-to-date September 2011 retail new vehicle unit sales increased 6% versus year-to-date September 2010