Auto/Mate Dealership Systems introduced a multi-point inspection feature for its mobile service solution, tailored to work on windows-based tablets. With multi-point inspection, service advisors can use tablets to greet the customer, conduct a vehicle inspection, identify potential maintenance items and complete the service write-up process all ‘on the go.’ Auto dealer fixed ops departments using Auto/Mate’s dealership management system (DMS) can now transition to a completely ‘paperless’ environment, streamlining processes and improving productivity.
“The addition of the multi-point inspection process to our mobile solution rounds out our service merchandising offering into a full-featured system that rivals any other DMS or third-party vendor out there,” said Mike Esposito, President and CEO of Auto/Mate Dealership Systems.
As more service departments incorporate mobile technology solutions into their processes, a key to achieving maximum efficiency is having tablets with complete access to the dealership’s DMS, enabling instant bi-directional updates. With an Auto/Mate DMS-enabled tablet and multi-point inspection, the service department can do the following:
- Greet the customer in the service lane and retrieve or create an appointment using the customer’s name, phone number or other criteria
- View entire vehicle history, warranty and/or factory recall information
- Convert appointment information into a electronic Repair Order (RO) with one click of a button
- Bring up a multi-point inspection form with a checklist and identify potential maintenance items, selecting “red” for needs fixing, “yellow” for needs checking and “green” for good
- Call up an archived multi-point inspection form from customer’s last visit
- Send multi-point inspection form attached to an electronic RO to technician, who can call it up on the electronic workbench to instantly follow up on items
- Present findings to the customer on the tablet for customer approval, or e-mail the form to the customer for sign-off
- All data entered into the tablet are automatically updated in Auto/Mate’s DMS in real time, and any updates in the DMS also appear instantly on the tablet
Benefits of a Paperless Fixed Ops Department
The ability to conduct multi-point inspections on a mobile device is a critical part of the transition to a paperless environment in auto dealer service departments. More time and interaction with customers builds customer trust and loyalty, while streamlined processes greatly increase the productivity of service advisors and technicians.
Additionally, paperless inspection and write-up processes eliminate time wasted entering information into the DMS and reduce inaccuracies. Service departments may also benefit from photo documentation of the vehicle at the time of appointment, protecting against customer claims of dealership damage.
Auto/Mate’s Service Merchandising Module
The addition of multi-point inspection to its DMS-enabled mobile service solution rounds out Auto/Mate’s service merchandising module. Auto/Mate’s DMS is a full-featured solution with the following features to help further streamline processes:
- One-screen access allows all service merchandising functions to be accessed within one screen via user-friendly pull-down menus and buttons
- Automated dispatch and electronic RO capabilities enable hands-free, customized and flexible dispatching
- Graphics-rich calendar allows service managers to view “at-a-glance” color-coded appointments on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Unique to Auto/Mate’s DMS is an instant merge feature that merges duplicate customer information with a single click of a button
- Manufacturers’ online information can be accessed from within Auto/Mate’s DMS at any time by simply clicking on the “OEM Button.”
Auto/Mate’s DMS is scalable to suit any size dealership or dealer group.
For more information call Auto/Mate at 877-340-2677 or schedule an appointment to see a demo at Booth # 3253 at NADA: http://www.automate.com/NADA.php
Auto/Mate Dealership Systems is a leading provider of dealership management system (DMS) software to retail automotive dealerships. Its Automotive Management Productivity Suite (AMPS) is a user-friendly, feature-rich DMS in use by more than 1,000 auto dealers nationwide. Auto/Mate received the 2012 “Highest Rated” DMS award in the fourth annual Driving Sales Dealer Satisfaction Awards.
Auto/Mate’s employees have more than 850 years of combined experience working in auto dealerships – the foundation of its “Designed By Car People For Car PeopleTM” slogan. For more information visit our website, follow us on Twitter @AutoMateDMS and subscribe to our blog at http://blog.automate.com