Ford, Honda, and Tesla the big winners of the year
NEW YORK – 12 January 2017 – Ford was found to be the most searched car brand by consumers in 2016, according to a report from Captify, an advertising tech company specializing in search intelligence. The New York based company analyzed over 15 billion consumer searches to determine what things intrigued millions of users nationwide within the last year.
Key findings from the report include:
- Audi and Honda were found to be most searched car brand after Ford with a combined half of consumer search brands coming from the top three.
TOP SEARCHED CAR BRANDS
- Breaking the findings down by gender, Ford was found to be the top searched car brand with men, with the Dearborn based automaker the most popular with 18-24 year olds. In contrast, Honda was the top searched car brand with women, with the Japanese company most popular with baby boomer women aged 55-64.
- Trucks, sports cars, and family cars were the most popular types of cars and combined made up over 60 percent of search volume.
TOP SEARCHED CAR TYPES
- Sports car
- Family car
- New cars dominated consumer interest with over two-thirds of search volume coming from new 2017 vehicles. In contrast, used vehicles (pre-2017 vehicles) accounted for one-third of searches.
- The most popular hot topics in 2016 included anything related to Tesla, Google’s Self-Driving Cars and Ford’s factory
Methodology Of Research
The results from this report were collected from over 22 billion online consumer searches originated in the U.S. within the last year.
Captify is an insights-driven advertising technology company. Using its purpose-built Search Intelligence engine, Captify is fundamentally changing the way advertisers and brands reach and engage with their customers.
Through its Search Intelligence platform it analyses 22 billion online searches each month and with this wealth of data it is able to unearth and understand complex consumer behaviours and intent. By better understanding search behaviour, brands and advertisers are able to pinpoint hard-to-reach audiences and understand intent, enabling them to achieve better engagement and ROI at scale. Captify powers advertising campaigns across Display, Video and Mobile format for over 450 of the globe’s biggest brands, and 120+ agencies.
It operates across Europe and the US with a growing team of over 130 people based in offices in Kiev, Hamburg, London, New York, and Paris. To date, Captify has raised $15m in investment backed by Panoramic Growth Equity and Smedvig Capital.
Author: Digital Dealer
Digital Dealer exists to help dealers and their managers sell more vehicles more profitably by creating the best live events and media in the industry.