Audi today reported its 21st consecutive month of record performance with sales of 12,302 new vehicles representing a 26.5% increase above the old mark set in September 2011.
Total Audi sales year-to-date increased 18.5% from last year, with September setting the record for the period January through September, with 100,694 vehicles sold. Audi already has exceeded 100,000 U.S. sales for the third time ever, and September 2012 stands as the third-best month of U.S. sales in Audi of America history.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (the Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) showed no signs of slowing down, with a 35.7% share of total September sales. Audi momentum benefitted strongly from robust demand for the technologically advanced Audi A6, generating a 83.7% sales increase for the month and a 107.5% increase year to date. Audi’s flagship vehicle, the Audi A8 sedan, is up 34.1% and the Audi Q7 luxury SUV also performed favorably with an astounding 94.6% increase for the month.
Sales of the updated Audi A4 combined with the new Audi allroad jumped 12.8% in September from a year earlier, while the product improvement for the Audi A5 helped boost its sales 25.6% for the month and 10.9% year-to-date. Furthering the U.S. position as a top market globally for Audi S model performance cars, sales of the Audi performance models accounted for 10.4% of the September’s sales mix.
“Our newly expanded lineup of S-model performance cars is delivering strong immediate results,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “This fact, along with increasing demand for our refreshed core models, bodes well for record sales results by year-end and more gains into 2013.”
• September 2012 ranks as the best September in Audi of America history.
• Sales mix for Audi S models finished the month at 15.3% for the S4 and 35.5% for the S5/ RS 5.
• Audi A3 sales up 76.8% compared to September 2011; YTD sales grew 14.5% compared to previous period.
• Audi A4 sales up 12.8% compared to September 2011; YTD sales grew 10.9% compared to previous period.
• Audi A5 sales up 25.6% compared to September 2011; YTD sales grew 10.9% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 83.7% compared to September 2011; YTD sales up 107.5% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi A8 increased 34.1% compared to September 2011.
• Sales of Audi Q7 increased 94.6% compared to September 2011; YTD sales up 8.5% compared to previous period.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 55.2% for the A3 TDI and 32.4% for Q7 TDI; sales of the Audi A3 TDI increased a solid 90.2% for the month.
• For the record-setting month of September 2012, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A3, Audi A5, Audi A6, Audi A8, and Audi Q7 models.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales of 2,799 vehicles marked a strong finish despite the reduced inventory of available models for the program.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. AUDI AG is planning to invest a total of EUR 13 billion over the period 2012 through 2016 on new products and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Sept. ’12 Actual||Sept. ’11 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Sept.’12 YTD Actual||Sept. ’11 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||12,302||9,725||26.5%||100,694||84,981||18.5%|
|Total CPO Sales||2,799||2,871||-2.5%||27,640||28,389||-2.6%|
– A4 includes Audi A4 avant, A4 sedan, S4 sedan and Audi allroad models.
– A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, A5 cabriolet and S5 cabriolet models.
– A6 includes Audi A6 sedan, S6 sedan and A6 avant models.
– All-new A7 model sales began in April 2011. A7 includes A7 sedan and S7 sedan.
– 2012 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8L sedan and S8 sedan models.
– TT includes Audi TT coupe’ and TT roadster models.
– R8 includes Audi R8 coupe and R8 spyder models.