Audi reported record-setting May sales with a 10% increase to 11,503 new vehicles sold, marking the 17th consecutive month of unprecedented sales in the U.S. May sales not only represented all-time record total sales for the January-May period, but also marked the fifth-best month ever for the brand, exceeding more than 11,000 in total vehicle sales.
- Audi reports 17th consecutive month of record sales, marking the fifth-best month ever in U.S. for the brand
- May new vehicle sales up 10% to 11,503 vehicles sold in the U.S.
- Premium category vehicle sales (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) up 54% YTD
“Consumers are responding favorably to Audi as 17 consecutive months of record-setting sales attests,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “Audi’s progressive luxury and technologically advanced vehicle portfolio continues to set the pace in the high-end sector of the luxury car market.”
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) jumped 54% YTD and represented 34.2% of total May sales. Overall, sales improvements shown by Audi in the top tiers of the luxury sector accounted for 125% of the Audi May gain.
May year-over-year results were buoyed by strong premium vehicle performance of the Audi A6 increasing 260.2% to 1,693 vehicles sold. Sales for the design-forward Audi A7 continued with 792 vehicles sold, while sales of the Audi R8 coupe jumped 14.6% to 47 vehicles sold in May.
– May 2012 ranked as the best May in Audi of America history, marking the fifth-best month ever for the brand.
– Audi A6 sales up 260.2% compared to May 2011; YTD sales grow 124.7% compared to previous period.
– Audi A7 YTD sales increased 194.8%, compared to previous period.
– Sales of Audi Q5 increased 5% compared to May 2011; YTD sales up 14.4% compared to previous period.
– Audi Q7 recorded an 8.8% boost in sales with 919 units sold, compared to May 2011.
– Sales of the Audi R8 coupe rose 14.6%, accounting for 47 vehicles sold within the total 90 new vehicle sales for the sports car line in the month.
– Audi A4 sales remained steady despite an inventory draw down in advance of the updated 2013 models just now reaching dealership showrooms.
– Audi May Certified Pre-Owned sales jumped 16.9% compared to vehicles sales from April 2012.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||May ’12 Actual||May ’11 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||May ’12 YTD Actual||May ’11 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total New Sales||11,503||10,457||10.0%||52,494||45,858||14.5%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,346||3,470||-3.6%||14,995||15,206||-1.4%|