TORRANCE, Calif. –American Honda reports an all-time record for the month of November, with November 2012 U.S. sales of 116,580 units, an increase of 38.9 percent compared with November 2011. The Honda Division posted November 2012 sales of 104,334 units, an increase of 41.0 percent compared with November 2011. Acura U.S. November sales of 12,246 units represents an increase of 23.6 percent over November 2011.
– Segment-leading Civic breaks 22-year-old November record (1990) with sales of 30,075 units, up 75 percent from a year ago
– All-new Accord continues to ramp up with 26,248 sales, up 82 percent from last November
– CR-V sets it ninth monthly sales record for 2012, up 36 percent to 22,333 sales
“We are now surpassing sales records set pre-recession, a true sign that our business has recovered,” said John Mendel, American Honda executive vice president of Sales. “Honda’s all-time best November demonstrates the fundamental strength of our core products. The new Accord is hitting its stride, and with the new Civic now arriving in dealerships, we’re ready for a strong finish to 2012.”
– RDX sets its seventh-consecutive monthly sales record, up 129 percent from a year ago with 3,036 sales
– MDX was the top selling Acura model in November, with 3,368 sales
– ILX gains traction as the top selling Acura sedan in November, with 2,108 sales
“While the MDX leads the lineup in sales, the record-setting sales of RDX and ILX are doing a great job as the gateway to the Acura lineup in bringing new customers to the brand,” said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura Sales. “The combination of Acura’s growing lineup and rising industry sales are fueling Acura’s momentum as we head into 2013.”
The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 25 days for November 2012 and 25 days for November 2011. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 281 days for 2012 and 280 days for 2011. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
For more information about Honda vehicles, please visit www.automobiles.honda.com. For media inquiries please visit www.hondanews.com. For more information about Acura vehicles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries please visit www.acuranews.com.