San Rafael, CA –AdVantageTec, a location-based marketing solution provider for the retail automotive industry has partnered with the California Coastal Commission to promote the new Whale Tail® Ecoplate. AdVantageTec’s automotive dealership TV network will display the new specialty license plate in showrooms and waiting areas throughout California, visually showing the new design on TVs while describing the benefits to our environment.
The California Coastal Commission first produced the original Whale Tail® Ecoplate in 1997. It was among the most popular specialty license plates ever sold. Nearly 200,000 had been purchased, raising $60.2 million for coastal conservation and environmental efforts. To date, 433 Whale Tail® grants have been awarded for programs implemented in every California coastal county and many inland watersheds. The new Whale Tail® Ecoplate design is the result of a public contest in which two winners were selected to collaborate efforts and freshen the design while maintaining the popular Whale Tail® theme. The new image features a sunny sky with puffy clouds and a humpback whale tail splashing droplets of water into a deep blue sea. It is very evocative of the California coast where humpbacks are frequently seen during migration season.
“Our dealers have had great success using our narrowcasting solution on their existing TVs. We resize live TV to 85% of the screen and use the remaining 15% to inform and engage their in-store customers,” said AdVantageTec CEO and Co-founder Thomas Jung. “It is a testament to our automotive dealer network across California—they are helping raise awareness of the new Whale Tail® Ecoplate at the point of sale and service to the benefit of our communities. Collectively, we hope to help the California Coastal Commission achieve its goals and further help preserve our coasts and watersheds.”
A portion of the funds raised by the plate are awarded in grants to local efforts throughout the state, in the areas of marine education and recreation, stewardship, and habitat restoration. The plate also funds the annual California Coastal Cleanup Day and the year round Adopt-A-Beach Programs, both of which attract tens of thousands of volunteers. In addition, Whale Tail® funds support coastal preservation, coastal access pathways, wildlife protection, and pollution prevention.
“This year we had more than 68,000 volunteers on California Coastal Cleanup Day working together to collect over 700,000 pounds of trash and recyclables from our beaches, lakes and waterways; this is partially made possible by the Whale Tail® Ecoplate,“ said California Coastal Commission Director of Public Programs Christiane Parry. “We are excited to showcase the new design visually on automobile dealership TVs to help raise awareness of the WhaleTail® Ecoplate and its benefits to California.”
AdVantageTec has deployed a very low cost digital signage solution allowing for real time messaging on a TV screen while keeping existing TV programs running. The solution allows for highly targeted messaging quickly and easily to its entire dealership network. It is also ideal for businesses with waiting areas looking to frame live TV with relevant engaging messages to educate and inform customers of service offerings and products.
AdVantageTec’s patent-pending technology merges TV and the Internet allowing automobile dealerships and OEMs to interact and appropriately message to in-store customers in waiting areas and showrooms in real time – 85% of the screen is live TV allowing retail customers to continue to watch any channel anytime, the remaining 15% is an Internet accessible display for advertising that informs and engages dealership customers to take action on sales and service offers. The system helps car dealerships improve the customer service experience (CSI) and customer engagement on special promotions and offers. AdVantageTec provides the first and only live TV narrowcasting system to the automotive retail market.
AdVantageTec, Inc. is headquartered at 1163 Francisco Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901. For more information, please visit www.AdVantageTec.com, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 877.772.8832 ext. 212.
About California Coastal Commission
The California Coastal Commission is an independent, quasi-judicial state agency. The mission of the Commission is to protect, conserve, restore, and enhance environmental and human-based resources of the California coast and ocean for environmentally sustainable and prudent use by current and future generations.
For more information about the Whale Tail® Ecoplate, please visit www.ecoplates.com, a dedicated website by the California Coastal Commission.