Today, consumers expect a 360-degree experience when it comes to shopping for a car, and engagement is critical at every stage of a customer’s lifecycle. But syncing the online and offline experience is challenging – dealers often ask us how they can transform their marketing to improve customer engagement in a digital world.
Here are five tools and strategies that can be used to engage consumers wherever they are in the buying journey.
- Digital Channels – It’s important to touch consumers across all channels – email, social, mobile, and direct mail. It’s critical for the dealer to be visible wherever the customers are, with the objective of getting them into the store where dealers perform best.
- Data – Create an individualized experience by using data to predict what a customer is looking for, and what they need. Consider how the information is delivered based on online and offline behaviors.
- Multi-Wave Campaigns – These are key to converting lookers into buyers. Many different tools are available for automating this process and keeping the dealership on point.
- Reputation – Monitor the dealership’s reputation via social channels, including responding to reviews. A dealer’s social media reputation is more important now than ever because the majority of consumers are researching online before they visit the dealership.
- Buyer Detection – Utilize buyer detection strategies to detect and target in-market buyers. Buyer detection can help a dealer sales team concentrate their efforts on customers who are most likely to buy.
Join industry expert, Brian Pasch, Founder of PCG Companies, Kristy Elliott, Executive Manager from Sunshine Chevrolet, and Valerie Vallancourt, Director of Marketing at Outsell, and learn more about how dealers can fine-tune marketing campaigns and strategies to increase engagement at every stage of the customer lifecycle. The session “Top 5 Ways Automotive Dealers Can Transform Their Marketing in a Digital World and Increase Customer Engagement” takes place on the first day of Digital Dealer 21 on Monday, August 8 at 8:00 a.m.
Author: Brian Pasch, Valerie Vallancourt & Kristy Elliott
Brian Pasch Bio: Brian Pasch is the founder of PCG Companies and is a popular author, conference speaker, and educator. Brian wrote the book on automotive digital marketing called “Mastering Automotive Digital Marketing” and is the host of Auto Marketing Now, a popular weekly show on automotive marketing.
Valerie Vallancourt Bio: Valerie Vallancourt is a dynamic, strategic marketing professional with expertise in creating and executing marketing strategies for revenue growth. Valerie has more than 10 years of experience in digital marketing, and is currently director of marketing at Outsell, which helps auto dealers drive more revenue by transforming how they engage customers and prospects throughout their lifecycle.
Valerie’s specialties include: implementing innovative inbound/outbound demand creation initiatives to drive revenue generation and pipeline, instituting best practices around marketing operations, and establishing integrated marketing and sales processes for lead qualification and follow up. Valerie is a proven leader in building strong, high-performing teams and collaborating cross-functionally across organizations. Valerie holds a B.A. in English Literature from the University of Oregon.
Kristy Elliott Bio: Kristy Elliott joined her family’s automotive business in 2014 after an almost twenty-year career in nonprofit higher education and healthcare marketing and development. She is currently the Executive Manager of both Sunshine Chevrolet in Arden, NC and SunStar Network (a BDC Company). Her family also owns Don Elliott Autoworld and Don Elliott Ford in Texas. Kristy is a graduate of Baylor University and NADA Dealer Academy.