Studio City, CA, January 14, 2015 – Toco Warranty Corp., a company dedicated to selling vehicle service contracts directly to consumers, has just released new resources offering suggestions to help drivers prepare for snow covered roadways and icy travel. The resources include a new video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4aJZnTUpMY, as well as a winter driving checklist, below.
“When the snow begins to fall, the roads become more dangerous. Snow and ice pose major threats for drivers. That’s why we thought it was a good time to remind car owners to be prepared before they even get out on the roadways,” said Toco’s Operations Director, George Laird.
Included on the winter driving checklist are:
- Check Your Lights: In winter, daylight is shorter so you will need your lights more often. Be sure your headlights, brake lights and turn signals function properly.
- Check Your Tire Pressure Regularly: For every 10 degrees the temperature drops, the air pressure in your car’s tires decreases by about a pound.
- Check Your Brakes: When brake pads wear down or your brake fluid is low, you may find that your car won’t stop as quickly.
- Check Your Windshield Wipers: Be sure you have functional wiper blades that will clear the cold rain and snow, and top off your wiper fluid, as drivers often use more in winter.
- Check Your Battery: Cold temperatures may drain your car’s battery. If your battery is more than 3 years old, consider replacing it.
- Be prepared. Be sure to fill your gas tank, keep a snow brush and ice scraper handy, and always clear snow and ice from the windows and roof of your car before driving.
- Drive slowly and keep a safe distance. Applying the brakes too quickly may cause your car to skid, so make sure that you have plenty of time and room to stop.
Perhaps the best advice is to stay home, if you really don’t have to drive in bad weather!
To learn more about Toco, visit http://tocowarranty.com/About-