ROME, Ga.— Pirelli Tire North America Inc. (PTNA) has launched an associate dealer program called FasTrack that enables dealers and their sales teams to earn rewards on all eligible Pirelli tires they sell along with giving them access to exclusive Pirelli online training.
The program is open to independent tire retailers in the U.S. who order a minimum of 300 Pirelli tires annually. Depending on the success of the program, the Rome-based tire maker may open up the program to Canadian dealers next year or the year after.
“We thought this was an opportunity to expand our base,” Daniel O’Shaughnessy, PTNA’s director of sales, told Tire Business. “We noticed that all the other manufacturers had one (associate dealer program) and now that we have a plant in (Silao,) Mexico, we felt we could control our destiny a little bit better and our source of supply,”
“The Pirelli FasTrack Associate Dealer Program offers independent premium tire dealers the opportunity to substantially improve their profits,” said Riccardo Cichi, PTNA senior vice president of sales.
Mr. O’Shaughnessy said Pirelli, which has signed more than 100 associate dealers so far, hopes to sign 1,500 associate dealers this year.
Distributors in the FasTrack program will oversee the associate dealer program and rewards eligibility. Rewards are based on tire sales and include trips and cash. Tire retailers can enroll their point-of-sale employees to participate in the rewards program.
PTNA has established a separate Web portal for FasTrack dealers to access training, rewards tracking and other program features.
Features of the associate dealer program include:
- Tire Campus E-Learning to support a retailer sales team’s knowledge of tires and Pirelli products;
- Online dealer locator that allows customers to find Pirelli dealers;
- Enhanced program tracking aids to allow associate dealers to track cash incentives and awards while projecting future requirements;
- Pirelli’s National Consumer Warranty Program;
- Pirelli’s Online Tire Guide to help a dealer’s sales team recommend fitments for customers’ vehicles;
- Pirelli’s Price and Product Book, which provides dealers with sizes, specifications and OE fitments;
- Program updates and enhancements that are communicated to dealers so they can stay up-to-date on the latest changes in Pirelli’s programs;
- New product release updates to dealers on Pirelli’s product developments;
- National promotions that include Pirelli dealers in national sell-out efforts;
- Easy data upload templates to assist each dealer’s team in providing information to Pirelli to obtain his/her rewards;
- High visibility signage available gratis with a minimum tire purchase; and
- Welcome kits — including displays, brochures, hats and banners — offered to assist in the branding of Pirelli tires for each enrolled and contracted participating dealer.
Pirelli said independent dealers can enroll in the program through an authorized FasTrack distributor or call 1-800-Pirelli, option 4.