Highlights from the August OPENLANE Market Index report include: for the U.S. market index, overall US auction prices decreased by two percentage points in July from the previous month, but ended 3 points above July 2010 levels. Dealer interest in SUVs and Trucks rose during July, but interest in Cars and Minivans declined.
U.S. Pricing/Dealer Interest Trends:
- Prices for Cars, Minivans and SUVs all declined during July versus the previous month, with Car and Minivan prices each dropping 3 points from June levels and SUV prices declining to end 2 points below June.
- Truck prices increased 3 points from the previous month, arresting a four month trend of price decreases.
- Dealer Car interest dropped 6 points in July, but ended 1 point above July 2010.
- Dealer interest in Minivan also decreased 5 percentage points, and finished 11 points below 2010 levels.
- Truck interest rose sharply versus June, but remains 4 points below July 2010.