Beijing – Chrysler Group LLC will head to the Far East to showcase its Mopar® brand in China at the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition.
- Fiat Freemont features numerous Mopar® accessories
- Jeep® Wrangler Arctic gets ‘Moparized’
- ‘Moparized’ Chrysler 300 Ruyi Design Concept to make debut
- New 172,222 square-foot Mopar product distribution center in Shanghai distributes more than 35,000 parts and accessories
“The automotive aftermarket in China has grown exponentially,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “We will continue to expand our reach in China with our Mopar distribution facility in Shanghai playing a key role in the process.”
At the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition, Mopar will display an accessorized Chrysler 300 Ruyi Design Concept, Jeep® Wrangler Artic and Fiat® Freemont.
“Nearly two-thirds of consumers who are in the market to purchase a new vehicle will consider the availability and scope of accessories before making a vehicle-buying decision,” Gorlier said. “In Beijing, we will showcase our capabilities and communicate that Mopar offers proven, quality-tested parts and accessories for our vehicles.”
Following are “Moparized” vehicles that will be on display at the show:
‘Moparized’ Fiat Freemont:
The Fiat Freemont is the first Fiat vehicle to be produced in partnership with the Chrysler Group.
With seating for seven, the Fiat Freemont is spacious, comfortable and versatile. Seats in the second and third rows may be completely folded down for a flat-load floor. The Fiat Freemont is powered by state-of-the-art 2.0-liter MultiJet 2 engines, with variable geometry, available in 140 horsepower or 170 horsepower options, with a manual gearbox and front-wheel drive. The Freemont will soon be available in all-wheel drive versions with 170 horsepower 2.0-liter MultiJet 2 and 276 horsepower 3.6-liter petrol V-6 engines, both with automatic gearboxes.
Following are Mopar accessories on the Fiat Freemont:
Pedal cover kit
Chrome mirror caps
Chrome fuel-filler door
Front skid plate
19-inch alloy wheels
Rim lock nuts
‘Moparized’ Jeep Wrangler Arctic Two-Door:
Jeep Wrangler Arctic offers an aggressive Wrangler Rubicon appearance. Inside, Wrangler Arctic’s seats are black Tectonic fabric with Polar White accents and orange accent stitching. Front seats are heated and feature an “Arctic” logo on the seat back. Accent stitching may also be found on the steering wheel, arm rest, and console lid. Door trim and nets are accented in orange, and all grab handles and dashboard vent rings are finished in Polar White trim.
Following are Mopar accessories on the Jeep Wrangler Arctic:
Jeep branded mirror cap
Chrome exhaust tip
Door-sill guards with Jeep logo
Black fuel-filler door
Black taillamp guards
Black tubular side steps
All-weather mats with unique white accents
‘Moparized’ Chrysler 300 Ruyi Design Concept
The Chrysler 300 Ruyi design concept was created to commemorate the return of the Chrysler brand to China. Cultural cues from the Chinese ruyi were the inspiration behind the vehicle. A traditional ruyi has a long S-shaped handle and a head fashioned like a cloud. Ruyi symbolize authority, prosperity and good luck in Chinese tradition.
Chinese ruyi shape was tastefully married into the interior and exterior of the Chrysler 300C, with a unique polished ruyi-shaped signature grille and 22-inch alloy wheels with spokes designed to reflect the curvature of a ruyi.
Following are Mopar accessories and performance parts on the vehicle:
Pedal cover kit
The Mopar brand has a large worldwide footprint:
• More than 120 countries
• More than 45 commercial offices
• More than 50 parts distribution centers
• More than 500,000 parts and accessories
• More than 19 million square-feet of warehouse space
• More than 20 customer-care call centers
• More than 3,500 suppliers
• More than 4,000 dealers
• More than 11,000 ship-to locations
• More than 350,000 order lines daily
New Mopar Shanghai Distribution Center
The new parts distribution center in China integrates China domestic and regional operations to provide a more efficient and cost-effective supply chain and improved service levels for the company’s growing presence in China and the Asia Pacific region. The facility is located in Yangshan Port Shanghai, a free trade zone that offers Mopar the platform to support international trade from China. The 172,222 square-foot facility distributes more than 35,000 part numbers to more than 130 dealer locations in China and more than 20 third-party distributors and joint-venture partners throughout the Asia Pacific region. The warehouse also is a referral point for other Mopar warehouses in South Korea, Japan and Australia, that services more than 200 additional dealer locations.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. partnership, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Combined with Fiat SpA, Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 120 countries. Mopar is the source for all genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A.vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.