New Driver Connect mobile app enhancements make customer loyalty points easily available to “on-the-go” dealership customer; attacks increasing service interval with program proven to increase retention
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – January 13, 2015 – DMEautomotive (DMEa) today launched Mobile Loyalty, a new mobile app-enabled customer loyalty program targeting today’s “always-on” customer, designed to help dealerships capture greater loyalty and increase service retention and visits from an increasingly mobile, increasingly disloyal dealership customer.
Using email and mobile app messaging with push notifications, the new program is able to reach customers on the go – and on their smartphones – with loyalty rewards. New enhancements to Driver Connect, DMEa’s consumer-facing, dealer-branded mobile app, enable consumers to easily track loyalty points and receive loyalty rewards from their dealership right where they are increasingly active, on their mobile apps.
“The average dealership’s service visit interval has increased from 140 to 145 days, costing dealers an average of $91K in lost revenue each year – meaning customer loyalty is more critical to dealerships than ever,” said Mike Walther, president and CEO of DMEautomotive. “We created our new Mobile Loyalty program because our research and experience proves that mobile-centric programs mean better business and that loyalty programs increase retention. By enhancing Driver Connect to join seamlessly with our loyalty program, dealers can start driving even more customers into service bays and showrooms.”
According to DMEa research:
- Customers who use a dealer-branded mobile app are 73% more likely to purchase a vehicle.
- Customers who use a dealer-branded mobile app will spend 7% more on a vehicle purchase.
- Customers who download a dealer-branded mobile app make 25% more dealership service appointments.
- Less than half of consumers are likely to visit a dealership for “bread and butter” core maintenance services within the first two years of ownership. Within 7+ years, only 13% of customers will select dealerships for these services.
- 62% of customers surveyed expressed an interest in joining an automotive loyalty program.
How DMEa Mobile Loyalty Works:
- Customers receive mobile app push notifications and emails informing them of their reward eligibility.
- If not already installed, customers are provided with step-by-step instructions to download the dealership’s mobile app.
- Customers can easily track their points and future rewards through the app.
- Customers receive points for dollars spent (sales and service) by their household at the dealership.
- After reaching dealer specified thresholds, customers receive gift certificate that they can claim via the app.
DMEautomotive (DMEa) is the industry leader in science-based, results-driven automotive marketing, and provides turnkey marketing to the largest and most innovative automotive organizations, from automobile dealerships to many of the largest aftermarket companies in the U.S. DMEa’s uniquely panoramic view of the complete automotive sales and service market, combined with its cutting-edge, science-based marketing programs, increases customer yield, conversion and retention.
DMEa does not take marketing performance on faith, and each product and service is measured by a simple, precise scientific approach: Is it true? Prove it. Will it work? Test it. Does it generate results? Show it! Supported by DMEa’s proprietary, cloud-based Red Rocket Technology Platform, the DMEa product suite includes science-based, data driven, multi-channel customer acquisition and retention marketing programs; best-in-class campaign reporting; data management and analytics; auto-focused Customer Interaction Center solutions, and complete on-site mail and email fulfillment services. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, DMEa also has major operations in Jacksonville, Florida.