Can Podcasting Help a Dealership Market?, from Dealer DIY.
The average podcast listener stays connected for 22 minutes on average (Sticher). This is one of the reasons why including podcasting as part of a long form content marketing strategy is so powerful. You have the opportunity to build a deep, rich relationship with your target audience.
Here are just some of the statistics regarding Podcasting that cannot be ignored and are very attractive and beneficial for the Podcast as part of a powerful marketing mix. Now these are some simple statistics that we went out on the internet and found.
- 32 million people listen to a podcast every month
- More than ¼ of weekly podcast users consume 6 or more podcasts a week
- 6% of Americans over the age of 12 listened exclusively to online radio in the past week.
- Video podcast listeners = 22%; audio podcast listeners = 27%
- 44% of smartphone users have listened to online radio; 18% listen daily
- 29% have used iPod/MP3 players for in-car media consumption
- 12 hours/week on average people report time spent with all sources of online radio – double what it was in 2003
- Google is planning a new product for new cars in 2015 and beyond that will incorporate podcast streaming functions into the vehicle.