According to the NADA Official Used Car Guide Update new vehicle sales in November grew by 14% relative to last year and the month’s SAAR of 13.6M was best the result seen since August 2009.
Here are some highlights from this month’s NADA Official Used Car Guide Update:
- November’s month-end new vehicle days’ supply increased by 3 days over October to 61.
- Overall incentive spending in November increased by 6% on a month-over-month basis to reach an industry average of just over $2,600 per unit.
- On a mileage and mix adjusted basis, AuctionNet wholesale prices for vehicles up to five years in age slid by -.4% compared to October.
- On year-over-year basis, wholesale prices for vehicles 1-to-5 years in age remained in positive territory at 4%.
ATD/NADA Official Commerical Truck Guide Update (Click here to access the Commercial Truck full report)
- Class 8 sleeper market cooling down after 2 full years of growth.
- Evidence of a price ceiling in the retail market for late-model trucks.
- 2011 average pricing still crushing previous three years; NADA outlook still strong.